That was my reaction when I saw that Loll from Lollcakes had given me the Versatile Blogger award! This is my first blog related award and it was sooo exciting. I know it has taken me a while to respond, but that is only because I haven’t been able to do any personal emailing or blog updating at work recently, due to business. Now I finally have the opportunity and I am taking advantage.
First and foremost, thank you to Lollcakes for this awesome “present”! Everyone should check out her blog and stay abreast of the adventures going on in the Pig Palace.
The Guidelines for accepting this award are:
– Thank the person who gave it to you.
– Tell 7 things about yourself.
– Pass the award on to 15 bloggers whom you have recently discovered, and think are fantastic!
7 Things about TheUnappreciatedBaker
1. The only person who doesn’t appreciate my baking is my husband.
2. I moved halfway across the world when I was 18 to get away from my parents and it has only made me appreciate them more.
3. I didn’t like chocolate at all until I was 20. Many thought that I wasn’t really female.
4. I live for the day that my daughter, the Little Rocker, will be able to really help me bake.
5. I spend hours upon hours “window” shopping at bedbathandbeyond.com and wish-listing all the kitchen tools that I want to get my hands on.
6. The Little Mermaid was my favorite movie as a kid and to this day I still cry at the end when Ariel says goodbye to her father (actually it starts before that, when Triton turns Ariel into a human- awww!)
7. I want to open my own baking business one day, making specialty pastries and unique desserts.
15 Blogs that I follow, in no particular order:
1. Bread from a Novice Baker: http://leahsleavenedbread.blogspot.com/
2. For the Love of Bread: http://fortheloveofbread.blogspot.com/
3. Bakeologie: http://bakeologie.blogspot.com/
4. The Food Librarian: http://foodlibrarian.blogspot.com/
5. Baking and Books: http://www.bakingandbooks.com/
6. A Southern Grace: http://asoutherngrace.blogspot.com/
7. The Technicolor Kitchen – English Edition: http://technicolorkitcheninenglish.blogspot.com/
8. The Cookie Cutters (I know that they are not technically bloggers, but they make some great stuff): http://cookiecutterskitchen.blogspot.com/
9. Tracey’s Culinary Adventures: http://traceysculinaryadventures.blogspot.com/
10. A Whisk and a Spoon: http://awhiskandaspoon.com/
11. Cake or Death: http://cake0rdeath.blogspot.com/
12. Engineer Baker: http://engineerbaker.blogspot.com/
13. Mary Mary Culinary: http://marymaryculinary.blogspot.com/
14. Food-Baby: http://food-baby.blogspot.com/
15 .Cooking for Comfort: http://juju73.wordpress.com/
Everyone should check out all of these blogs – and thanks again to Lollcakes!